"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tzu

"the beginning is a very delicate time..."

- David Lynch's Dune

there is a sense of threshold in any beginning, a feeling of motion, of change, which brings with it both exhilaration and trepidation... yet perhaps it is overstated... perhaps the biggest danger we face when beginning something new is that we fall back into solipsism, taking ourselves far to seriously... imagining our own centrality



"All this will not be finished in the first 100 days. Nor will it be finished in the first 1,000 days, not in the life of this Administration, nor even perhaps in our lifetime on this planet. But let us begin."

- John F. Kennedy

this blog is intended as a journal that is primarily concerned with my ongoing struggle/purpose/mission to find/understand/articulate
the truths of my/our internal/external nature/reality/spirit/god/the_universe/everything.

as the JFK quote above indicates, this journal is not an ends within itself, it is not a work of staggering genius or monumental import, it is simply another string of text, another strand of monologue, another invitation to dialogue in humanity's long journey to fulfill the promise of sapience/sentience/consciousness with which our ancestors were blessed

"I'm looking for me
You're looking for you
We're looking in at each other
And we don't know what to do

They call me The Seeker
I've been searching low and high
I won't get to get what I'm after
Till the day I die"

- The Who's The Seeker

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The American Experiment in Representative Democracy Comes to a Tragic End

Tying Rocks to Clouds

the experiment in naturalism ends